Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Funny Sayings

"You don't know the recipe." That is what I was told when Ireland (our youngest) explained to me why I couldn't make him a grilled cheese sandwich.

When Tyler was four years old we had just landed in Roanoke, VA for a family reunion. Tyler, Zakary and I were in the very first row and Tyler stood up in his seat while we were waiting to be let off the plane and looked at the people sitting behind us. In a very loud and excited voice he turned to me and said "Dad, the guy behind us is bigger than his seat." At that point I started turned red and prayed the door would open any second. Tyler then took another look and changed his mind, "No, he is bigger than a horse!" At that moment the door opened and I grabbed the boys and sprinted to luggage claim.

Quinton in the middle of church asked my dad why he had so many chins.

Makena while reading the scriptures as a family proceeded to read to us about "butt and honey" instead of butter and honey.

Tyler when 3 years old wanted pretzels in the middle of church service and said "Give me pretzels, dad." When I asked him how to ask for them nicely he screamed, "Give me pretzels penis head!"

With 8 of them we get a lot of crazy things said around the house and unfortunately in public. It is a blast though and something we try to remember to embarrass the living daylights out of them when they are older.

1 comment:

Kori and Brad said...

That is the best post ever! You need to make this one a blogging tradtion!