Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Mormon Beer Belly (My Why)

Through my internet/catalog business I have been learning how important it is to have a "why" when I am trying to achieve an important goal.  A "why" is what drives me.  It allows me to overcome the challenges and obstacles that will come when working towards a big goal.  My running "why" is my Mormon Beer Belly.  It's not from beer, but from those after dinner snacks and Grandma Christley size bowls of ice cream.  I guess I should call it my Grandma Christley size bowls of ice cream belly.  No matter what I do it hangs on like the odd friend at a party that lacks social skills.  I am hoping with running and eating better that I can conquer my lovely set of love handles with extensions.

On my second run (yesterday) I saw what I think will be the "regulars" on my running adventure.  My favorite is bouncy hair man.  He is a shorter Asian man with jet black hair, wire glasses and he wears a shiny workout outfit zipped all the way up to his neck.  His hair is a longer version of a Dorothy Hamill bob and when he runs it bounces up and down rhythmically.  For whatever reason I get a kick out of seeing Bouncy Hair Man.  He runs at least on part of my route, but unfortunately I lost sight of him.  One day I will run with Bouncy Hair Man.  

Bouncy Hair Man makes me wonder what people will refer to me as when they start seeing me on a regular basis.  I can only imagine after some of the things I have been called throughout my life what my "regular" nickname will be.  Like, "Hey, there's Feminine Hips Guy", or "look it's the Dude with the Red Face".  As much as my hip hurts right now I will probably be called "Hobblelina" or "the Guy that smells like Ben-Gay" (Pain-A-Trate actually, which is one of my favorite Melaleuca products and works miracles on my aches and pains).

I decided this time to run my route backwards.  It made it a lot easier.  It is also fun running through the open space when it is still a little dark.  Sometimes there are some cool animals wandering around.  I could have swore I saw a ferret shoot into the brush as I ran by.  Are there wild ferrets in Highlands Ranch, Colorado?

This time I made better time.  I also learned that I need to stretch, which I did before and after my run.  

It is very nice to have my run done at the beginning of the day.  I should try and do more of my difficult things first thing in the  morning.  It would make my life a lot better and happier.

 

 

Posted via email from Shane's posterous

No comments: