Thursday, November 1, 2007

The First Attempt

As the title of this blog entry would suggest, this is my first attempt at blogging. Is this the traditional first blogging attempt entry? I am a die hard Hugh Hewitt blog reader and have been curious and interested in starting my own. When my sister Amie decided to start her own blog I knew it was time to start my own. It probably has something to do with our competitive spirit inherited from our mom.

I am excited to be able to blog about our crazy family life. My wife (Janese) and I between the two of us have eight kids. I call it self imposed insanity. We each brought four kids each to the party. My wife's first husband passed away, so we have her four full time and my four every other week. The oldest is 13 and the youngest is 4. We have 5 boys and 3 girls. Our house is constantly on the move and can be totally calm or insanely loud and crazy.

The biggest thing going on with our lives right now is we won a major national contest. It is the biggest thing I have ever won in my life. I do not want to disqualify us in any way, so I will keep the details close to my vest for now, but I will eventually add a link to the official site so you can see what is going on. We are all extremely excited. It will be like having two Christmases (sp?) this year. I literally can hardly sleep at night thinking about it. It will be a lot of work, but more than worth it.

No comments: